Python is a powerful programming language. It is easy to learn. It has efficient high-level data structures with a simple and effective approach for object-oriented programming. Python is a general-purpose interpreted language. It can be used for machine learning, web development, data analysis, and stats.
The knowledge imparted by a book and official documentation is authentic than a tutorial. Books provide basic concepts and how to implement them. Different learners have different learning styles. Choose the learning resource which best fits your learning style.
We have compiled a list of easy to read and follow Python books which you can consider for enhancing your knowledge in the area of Python programming. The ordering of books is based on the ease to follow the content. There is no strict placing. You can follow in any order depending on your previous knowledge.
Starting out with PYTHON BY TONY GADDIS
- Tony Gaddis is the principal author of the Starting Out With series of textbooks. Tony has nearly two decades of experience teaching computer science courses, primarily at Haywood Community College.
- Student friendly introduction to Python and programming constructs
- Designed for novices
- Each concept is followed by Coding Example
- Practice Problems and Programming Challenges available at the end of each chapter.
- Covers the basics, control structures, repetitions, functions, file I/O, Databases, GUI Programming, Object Oriented Programming
Python Crash Course: A Hands-On, Project-Based Introduction to Programming
- Fast paced introduction to python
- Good for quick learners
- Project based chapters
- Covers Data Visualization
- Web Applications in Python brief introduction is given
- Gives basic knowledge for consuming an API in Python
Learn Python the Hard Way: A Very Simple Introduction to the Terrifyingly Beautiful World of Computers and Code (Zed Shaw’s Hard Way)
- Hands-on based book
- Contains 53 programming exercises
- Discusses some data structures as well
- Good for learners with prior Python knowledge
Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python: With Application to Understanding Data (The MIT Press)
- Introduces students with little or no prior programming experience to the art of computational problem solving using Python and various Python libraries
- Enables the students to make productive use of computational techniques
- Includes Data Science based tools and techniques
- The book is based on MIT course
- Recommended book for university students
- Includes a variety of programming examples
Intro to Python for Computer Science and Data Science
Learning to Program with AI, Big Data and the Cloud
- Excellent introduction of Python programming languages
- Contains various sections and case studies
- Explains advanced topics in Python
- Discusses the application of Python in NLP, Web, Data Science
- Comprehensive Book
- Teaches the art of programming in Python
- Introduces the students to Computer Science, Programming and other concepts using Python
- Suitable for beginners with no programming know-how
- Easy to follow code listings
Programming in Python 3: A complete introduction to the Python Language
- Best for those who are willing to increase their previous knowledge
- Teaches advanced concepts in an easy way
- Includes a good mixture of exercises with various difficulty levels
- Discusses Threading, Networking in good detail
Learning with Python: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist
- Divided into 20 Sections
- Teaches programming in Python from the grass-root level
- Includes good hands-on examples
- Easy to follow along
- A good introduction of Python
- Case Study based
- Discusses the difficult topics by chunking them
- Easy to follow for beginners
Thank you for reading. If you have read any great book & want to add in the above list, please let us know in the comment section below.
Here’re some more article you might be interested:
Recommended Training – Treehouse
From beginner to advanced, our recommended coding training is Treehouse.
Treehouse is an online training service that teaches web design, web development and app development with videos, quizzes and interactive coding exercises.
Treehouse's mission is to bring technology education to those who can't get it, and is committed to helping its students find jobs. If you're looking to turn coding into your career, you should consider Treehouse.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services we use personally and believe will add value to our readers.